Fabric to Dye For
Tired of going to the fabric store only to discover the colors you need aren’t in stock? Always wanted to try hand dyeing your own fabric but found it too intimidating? Now you can create beautiful colors to fit your every whim. Hand-dyed fabric costs less than pre-dyed fabric, and the best part is there are no confusing, complicated formulas to follow—dye formulas use standard measurements like cups and spoonfuls instead of grams and ounces.
Create a rainbow of color from just four basic dyes. This book includes step-by-step instructions for everything from preparing your work area to mixing the dyes to washing and drying your hand-dyed fabrics.
- 4 easy-to-follow charts for dyes, colors, and gradations
- Learn to create resist patterns on newly dyed fabric
- Discover how to thicken dye to create interesting and creative effects and painted designs
- Save even more money by producing mystery fabric with leftover dye
- Create small batches or large batches